I first discovered white sweet potatoes when I purchased them by mistake, intending to buy the usual orange ones. White sweet potatoes are slightly less sweet than their more common counterparts, and have a nice, creamy texture. The rosemary and mustard in this recipe compliment their flavor perfectly!
- 3 lbs. white sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4″ to 1″ chunks
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp. dried)
- salt & ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet with a little olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine mustard, olive oil, melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Add the cubed potatoes and toss well to coat.
- Spread potatoes out on baking sheet and sprinkle with fresh rosemary leaves.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes, or until potatoes are all tender and golden brown.