A unique way to serve cabbage, these thick slices “steaks” with sweet honey balsamic glaze are a simple side that makes a great accompaniment to a variety of main courses. Roast some up today- they’re delish… especially along side my Braised Corned Beef Brisket.
Honey Balsamic Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 1″ thick rounds
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey.
- Arrange cabbage slices in a single layer on baking sheet. Brush with honey balsamic mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Roast until cabbage steaks are tender and edges are golden, about 25-30 minutes.