I’ll admit it, I think salads are kind of boring. I have trouble eating one without getting tired of it. (Seriously!) So IF I am going to indulge, it has to be pretty tasty… and this lemon herb marinated chicken fits the bill. The marinade has fresh lemon, garlic, some basil and oregano… I promise you’ll get through this one without losing interest! And maybe want seconds! I paired it with a really yummy store bought lemon vinaigrette to bring out the flavors of the marinade… delish! 😉🥗
Try it with my Honey Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette!
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
For the salad:
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and cut
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon vinaigrette (store bought), or your favorite dressing
- Combine all ingredients for marinade in a jar and shake to combine.
- Marinade chicken breasts in a pie plate, covered and refrigerated, for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Cook chicken on both sides on a lightly oiled grill pan over medium heat until cooked thoroughly. Remove from heat and rest 5 minutes before cutting into slices.
- Arrange vegetables on four dinner plates. Top with sliced chicken, feta cheese, and vinaigrette dressing.