This super simple meatloaf uses minimal ingredients but couldn’t be yummier! It’s perfect for Sunday supper but quick enough for any night of the week. Serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite tomato or brown gravy!
- 3 lbs. ground beef (80/20- anything too lean will be dry)
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. ketchup
- 3 c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, being careful to not over mix and make a tough loaf.
- Form the mixture into little balls and pack tightly into a standard loaf pan. Then mold to fill the shape of the pan. (There are less gaps this way!)
- Cover with foil and cook for one hour. Meanwhile, combine 1 cup ketchup with 1/4 c. brown sugar.
- After 1 hour, uncover meatloaf and drain off any fat in the pan. (You could reserve this for gravy, if desired). Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes, until top gets browned.
- Remove from oven. Drain fat again. Brush ketchup and brown sugar mixture over the top of load. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Then pop it out of the pan, cut into slices and serve!