I L.O.V.E. love beets! And if you’ve never had fresh beets, you really must try this! They are a little extra prep work, but well with it. This is such a great salad… the earthy beets, walnuts, and creamy goat cheese combined make it hearty too- you could definitely eat a big plate as a meal! Adapted from A Dish Of Daily Life recipe.
Balsamic Beet & Arugula Salad
- 1 lb. fresh beets (5-7 medium beets)
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 c. arugula
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- Remove greens from beets and scrub clean. Place in a pot of water and boil until a fork is easily inserted, about 35-40 minutes.
- Cool beets under cold water and remove skins. Allow to cool, then cut beets into quarters.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a saucepan on low heat. Add beets and stir to coat, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Divide arugula among four salad plates. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and chopped walnut pieces.
- Top with beets and drizzle balsamic mixture from beets over salad. Add additional olive oil and balsamic vinegar, as desired. If you prefer a vegan salad, just omit the goat cheese.