Aside from the traditional pumpkin pies, this dessert is always on our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner tables. Originally it had fruit cocktail mixed in it, but everyone in our family seemed to pick around the grapes and peach cubes and preferred it better plain.
- 1 – 6 oz. box strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 qt. vanilla ice cream, softened
- 8 oz. tub whipped topping
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water completely on stovetop.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add in ice cream and whipped topping and beat with a mixer at low speed until well combined.
- Transfer to a long casserole or glass baking dish, about 13×9.
- Chill in the refrigerator and allow to set until fire, at least 8 hrs, preferably overnight.