Just tried out this recipe this weekend… had some leftover butternut squarsh purée from that Butternut Squarsh & Spinach Lasagna I made the other nite, so I wanted to put that to use. It was also my first attempt at couscous, which is super simple btw. My favorite thing about this is you can bake it all at once in one pan!
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, split for stuffing
- 1 bag brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 cups prepared couscous
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. butternut squarsh purée
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 1 cup dry couscous according to instructions so you have 2 cups prepared couscous.
- While still warm, stir in squash purée, Parmesan cheese, sage, salt & pepper.
- Stuff chicken breasts with couscous filling. Place in center of baking dish and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Season with more salt & pepper.
- In a bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with remaining 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper. Spread in baking dish around chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20-25 min. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and sprouts are tender.